This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are purposeful, active, safe and enjoyable.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- Four face-to-face modules lasting three hours each, including three observed coaching opportunities
- Seven bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment.
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Further learning opportunities
- Full membership of the ECB Coaches Association
- ECB Core Coach.
How to apply
Contact your county for more information on their upcoming dates.