Want to play cricket but struggling to find time in your weekly schedule? Last Man Stands could be the perfect fit for you.
The eight-a-side amateur Twenty20 league works perfectly with modern life and professional and personal commitments, allowing you to play on your terms.
The rules are simple and allow for a fun, fast game:
- Each game is completed in less than two hours, making it perfect to play on a weekday evening
- Innings consist of 20 overs, with five balls per over instead of six
- Each side is comprised of eight players instead of the regulation 11
- Sides can only be bowled out when all eight players are dismissed, hence “Last Man Stands”
- As an extra incentive, you score 12 if you hit a six off the final ball of an innings!
There are 90,000 Last Man Stands players globally, with 13,000 in England and Wales.
You can sign up to Last Man Stands as an individual or as part of a team and there are plenty of leagues to choose from all over England and Wales, with local winners entering regional finals and the winners progressing to the national finals.
Leagues commence in April and May so round up your friends, family, work colleagues or club mates and register to play.