For women’s and girls’ cricket, our ambition is to provide a clear path for women and girls from age five upwards to have a lifelong engagement and love for the game.
In October 2019 we launched our action plan to transform women’s and girls’ cricket with the fundamental goal of making cricket a gender-balanced sport.
The comprehensive ten-point action plan aims to transform all elements of women’s and girls’ cricket in England and Wales to increase engagement, grow representation and improve opportunities across the game. The plan focuses on five key objectives:
- Participation: To increase the number of women and girls playing cricket recreationally
- Pathway: To develop aspiring female cricketers (U11-17) as players and people
- Performance: To drive the performance of England women’s cricket through a new semi-professional, eight region structure
- Profile: To elevate the profile of women’s cricket through The Hundred, the England Women’s team and the elite game
- People: To increase the representation of women across the cricket workforce
Check out the action plan in full.