What is #Funds4Runs?
As COVID-19 continues to impact us all, LV= General Insurance and the ECB have partnered to bring to life a £1million fund – #Funds4Runs – providing financial support across the grassroots cricket community, giving free cricket places for children in deprived areas.
The fund will be focused on recovering and rebuilding the lives of children across four key areas:
- Those from deprived backgrounds
- Those from diverse communities
- Those within disability groups
- Those taking part in women's and girls’ programmes
Additionally, the fund ties into three core ECB objectives:
- Connecting communities and improving lives through cricket
- Increasing the relevance of cricket locally with non-cricket stakeholders
- Growing long-term engagement with cricket in communities
The fund is already supporting two live projects, expanding the existing All Stars Cricket programme and supporting a brand-new partnership with the British Film Institute.