The Activator is the key volunteer who will create a fun and inclusive environment for kids and parents alike. Activators should be enthusiastic, vibrant and motivated people who will inspire young children and create a fantastic all-round experience.
Although many All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket activators will have excellent experience of cricket it is by no means essential – first and foremost, activators are looking for people with fantastic personal skills.
There are potential activators all around you: Teachers, enthusiastic parents at your local school, junior cricket club captains or role models at your centres. The ECB and your County Cricket Board can also provide support if needed.
Once you have found your activator, the ECB will provide comprehensive face-to-face and online training and support to equip them with all the tools needed, including kit, to successfully implement the programme.
For returning activators, it is not compulsory to attend training a second time – however, it is recommended as the curriculum has been updated based on the feedback of children, parents and fellow activators.
If you’re interested in becoming an activator, please register your interest here.
What support does the ECB offer?
Clubs running All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket will receive full support from the ECB including;
- All equipment needed to run the programmes
- Easy-to-use online system and tools for setting up courses, registering activators and setting up bank details
- Full marketing support which compliments the national marketing campaign
- An online resource hub for all assets and promotional materials
- Volunteer recruitment support including £100 pre loaded into the SpaceHive platform for clubs running Dynamos Cricket.
- Online and face-to-face volunteer training
- Dedicated member of County Cricket Board staff to help implement your programmes
- Access to the All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket helpdesks
Every centre that registers for an All Stars Cricket programme and reaches 10 registrations* will receive a free pack, including:
- 1 x ASC kit bag
- 6 x bats
- 6 x sets of stumps
- 24 x plastic balls
- 24 x tennis balls
- 10 x large tennis balls
- 16 x bean bags
- 50 x cones
- 2 x pop-up banners
- 4 x teardrop banners
- 4 x 10m ropes
- 4 x parent helper vests
- Activator apparel
All returning All Stars Cricket centres will receive a free top-up pack, to complement their existing All Stars pack. The top up pack contains:
- 1 x holdall
- 2 x size 1 bats
- 2 x stumps
- 12 x cones
- 4 x parent helper vests
- 10 x plastic balls
- 2 x large tennis balls
Alternatively, your club can choose to receive an activator apparel top-up pack, choosing items from our new range which include leggings, crew neck t-shirts and hooded tops.