The programme is a blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore the player-centred planning process, player development, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions.
An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Core Coach
- Player-centred planning process
- Player development
- Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
- Tactical knowledge, physical fundamentals and mental skills
- The coaching tools
- The continuum of practice
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game.
Experience of playing or coaching cricket is desirable when applying for this programme.
Watch the videos at the bottom of the page to hear from a range of coaches talking about their ECB Core Coach experience.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- 8 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each including 2 observed coaching opportunities
- 6 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 15-20 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment
- Short answer question assessment.
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers or Safeguarding for Coaches and Activators
- Valid ECB DBS.
Further learning opportunities
- Full membership of the ECB Coaches Association
- ECB Advanced Coach.
How to apply
Contact your county for more information on their upcoming dates and bursary opportunities