The programme is a blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore what coaching looks like, the impact you can have as an ECB Foundation Coach, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
This programme has been designed to develop a learner’s knowledge, skills and confidence to use icoachcricket to coach safe, fun and inclusive sessions that ignite a lifelong love of the game.
An ECB Foundation Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Foundation Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- Four face-to-face modules lasting three hours each, including three observed coaching opportunities
- Seven bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment.
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Further learning opportunities
- Full membership of the ECB Coaches Association
- ECB Core Coach.
How to apply
Contact your county for more information on their upcoming dates.