The challenge for all coaches is to learn as they develop, just as players do. Therefore, we have developed a programme that will help you challenge your current coaching practice and further your knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas.
This programme has been designed to build on your experiences and develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to help players improve their game as well as developing a wide area of expertise when coaching individuals, units and teams in talent pathway and performance environments.
- Role of an ECB Advanced Coach
- Coaching beliefs
- Coach behaviour
- Developing skilful players
- Sport psychology for coaches
- Biomechanics for coaches
- Strength and conditioning for coaches
- The future cricketer
- Pace bowling
- Spin bowling
- Coaching teams
Who is it for?
For coaches working with players and teams in talent pathway and performance environments that hold an ECB level 2 qualification.
- Attendance at an interview
- Face-to-days modules for six days at Derbyshire County Cricket Club
- e-learning modules using live and on-demand approaches
- 6 applied coaching activities completed in own coaching environment
Pre-requisites for certification
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers or Safeguarding for Coaches and Activators
- Valid ECB DBS.
How to apply
Applications for 2023 are now closed. If you are interested in applying in 2024, please complete the expression of interest form here.